Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas Time

Josh told me today, "You know, you're doing way more for Christmas this year than you've ever done." I guess he's right. I made my advent calendar months ago, and I've been trying to deck out our apartment more than normal. well as much as one can on a college budget. We actually put up lights outside our apartment and I splurged and bought some more ornaments at the dollar store;)
I decided the reason is because we have a kid now, and I want to start traditions and memories for her, as small as they are. When I turn the lights on the Christmas tree, Emma breathes really deeply and just stares at it. She's saying "wow" in her only little way. I know she doesn't understand much, but the little she does, she's really excited about. And that makes me excited!


Tonight we made gingerbread cookies and they turned out delicious. We topped them with cream cheese frosting and chocolate chips. I'm glad Josh liked them because he normally doesn't like gingerbread. Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment