Woops, I forgot to post this ages ago, so here it is, from back in January:
Is winter over yet?! Seriously, can we go outside and breathe yet without sucking in all this yucky gunk called inversion? I always have to brace myself for January and February because all the excitement from the holidays is done and you're stuck inside while the cold really kicks off.
I've felt especially bad for Emma these last few months. Now that she's walking and in that exploratory phase I want to take her outside and let her run around! But the times we've done that it's ended with her falling in the snow and crying after a few minutes. A couple times she loved it, but that was mostly when Josh was around to play with her too. He's obviously more fun than me:) He's not as worried about her little hands freezing or the aftermath of her crying when she's soaking wet. But that's a dad's job, to be fun and adventurous.
Christmas was wonderful back east. We went to Michigan to spend it with Josh's family and had a great time. Emma loved getting to know that side of the family better. Josh's family took our only cute pictures over the break so I'll be using theirs here.
Funny things Emma does now:
-steals things she shouldn't have and goes to her room and shuts the door on us. She's very sneaky!
- sits in boxes...well, lays down in them sometimes
-Says "no" to everything, but is starting to say "thank you", so that's progress.
-She says "stinky" when Josh changes her stinky diapers. Then she'll laugh like crazy and try to flip over every which way so we can't wipe her bum ( at this stage it's become a 2 person job ).
-Whenever she toots, she looks at us, smiles and laughs haha.
-She is obsessed with belly buttons! She pulls my shirt up to try to find mine and then looks at hers.
-Waves to everyone, at the store, church, everyone! If they don't wave back she gets really confused.
-She likes to sit with random people. She'll ever snuggle random people ( at church ). She's very friendly right now and likes attention. If people don't look at her, she'll wave at them till they do.
-She LOVES brushing her teeth. When I say " let's brush your teeth!" she'll run to the bathroom day and start shaking, like she does when she's really excited. But her toothbrush has to have her toothpaste or she won't take it. She's a smart cookie that one.
- The other day Josh showed her how to dip tater-tots in ketchup and now she wants to dip everything in something! Potstickers in soy sauce, bread in ketchup, basically everything in ketchup and Chick-fil-a sauce ( yes we're super healthy, I know). She actually really likes salmon, black beans, peas, lettuce, and tomatoes so we're getting some healthy stuff right.
-Loves playing horsey while riding on Josh's back, but forgets to hold on.
-Likes to talk on the phone.
-Still eats mac-n-cheese without breathing between bites. We don't know how she does it!:)
-We snuggle and nap and I love it:)
Fun things we did lately:
We finally made it to the ice castles up in Midway since is this is probably the last time we can go. It was AMAZING! So fun and pretty. Emma didn't know what to think at first but liked it as time went on. We went down the giant ice slide there which was really fun minus the fact that Josh and I have huge bruises on our left hip from the same spot going down. Ouch! But it was worth totally worth Emma's screams and giggles going down.
We went to the Provo City Center Temple Open House. It is a beautiful building, full of history from the original tabernacle. I'm glad we were still in Provo to this year to see it finished and the soon to be dedication.
So I guess to be honest, these last few months haven't been that bad, and we've been able to go see some fun things. So winter, sorry I've been ragging on you so much. I'm sure I'll want you back real quick when July hits.









Emma is such a doll! I want to hang out with you guys!
ReplyDelete