Well it was a great 4th of July! I was so excited that Josh got work of on the 3rd too so we could have a 3-day-weekend. On Friday we had a yummy pancake breakfast and then went to see the candy bomber Gail Halverson make a drop in Orem. It was pretty cool! It was really hot and there were tons and tons of people there but it was fun to just be part of the experience. We couldn't see it very well, but I was able to see the little parachutes drop out of the plane. Josh, of course, wanted to get one and was in the middle of the mad dash towards the candy. He caught some good video of it but didn't get any candy.
On Saturday morning we went to the Provo Parade on University Ave. It was a decent parade but somehow we missed Cosmo in it! Josh and I were waiting for the cool trampoline but no such luck. Then we went to Josh's sister's house in Alpine and watched the fireworks from their backyard. It was fantastic!!! There were fireworks everywhere you looked! Who needs to go to a big firework show when you have a view like that?
I feel so blessed to live in this country and enjoy the freedoms that we have. God bless America!
No comments:
Post a Comment